Sunday, May 12, 2013

Triple Chocolate Strawberry Bouquet


So, I listen to the radio alot. I've been driving alot lately and it's always on. Nearing Mother's Day, there were so many commercials and radio show hosts talking about paying money for chocolate-dipped strawberry bouquets and i'm like...why. Why spend so much money on that when you can make them yourself?? Homemade gifts are so much more boss.


With these strawberries, I dipped them in milk chocolate, dark chocolate, and drizzled them in white chocolate. mmm :) 


After licking all my chocolate bowls, my mom said it was the best mother's day ever :) and then I told her to clean her mouth because there's chocolate stains all over it. 

Ingredients
Strawberries
milk chocolate
dark chocolate
white chocolate
skewers
parchment paper

I washed the strawberries and let them chill on a paper towel in the fridge overnight. 


I covered the whole strawberries in milk chocolate first and let those dry in the freezer for a bit.

Then I dipped the strawberries halfway with dark chocolate and let them dry in the freezer for a bit. 

I melted white chocolate in the microwave (every time i try using a bain-marie for white chocolate, it always seizes =/ but microwave works like a charm!!) in 10-second intervals, mixing well after each. 


cut the sides of the parchment paper (you can use brown paper too; that will actually look more classy but I wasn't in the mood to spend any more money) like this.


skewer the strawberries and lay them down in two rows. 


fold the two sides of the paper inwards, letting them overlap each other.


then twist the ends together!


you can also use some twine to tie the ends together... I didn't have any laying around so I opted for the twist. 


simple and inexpensive! and it sure impressed all the moms whom I delivered to; they all stared and admired...and then devoured :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment